Simulation of nmea

Discussion and support for the Nmea2Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer.
eriknoed

Simulation of nmea

Post by eriknoed » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi
I would like to feed the NMEA2WIFI with NMEA input for to test WiFi connection to ie iNavX. Not able to get onboard is a problem - have to wait yet a month.
I have software running generating nmea information send by WiFi and I am able to connect directly from pc to iNavX on iPhone by WiFi.
I cannot work out how to pass from pc-software to NMEA2WIFI to ie iNavX.
1. Is it possible to use the usb to microB wire to make nmea-input to be passed on by wifi?
2. Is it possible to make NMEA2WIFI receive data from pc on WiFi and pass data on to ie iNavX?
Best
Erik

Luis Sa
Site Admin

Re: Simulation of nmea

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Hello Erik,

Unfortunately the answer to both questions is no. With the Nmea4Wifi you could do both. I could change the software so that you could set a TCP connection to receive data and set an UDP port to transmit it. However that would take me some time to test...

There USB to TTL serial adapters that could be used. I have some here. If you want one send me an email.

Regards, Luis

eriknoed

Re: Simulation of nmea

Post by eriknoed » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi Luis,
Thank you, It would be great if you could find time to add that functionality. Very kind of you.
Best,
Erik