ST20 data

Discussion and support for the Nmea3Wifi multiplexer - a 2-input Nmea 0183 wifi multiplexer with a full bidirectional SeaTalk1 input/output port.
chrischanHH

ST20 data

Post by chrischanHH » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:16 am

Hi Forum,

I use a NMEA3WIFI to connect my AvNav Raspi with a Raymarine ST60 Multi display and it works, but I get no speed data at the ST60. I logged the NMEA3WIFI and I can see the ST20 data but not on the display. Are this data correct and can I be sure that this data is on the SeaTalk?
ray.PNG
ray.PNG (6.31 KiB) Viewed 3523 times
// update
I check the SeaTalk data and the value is correct, 2B as hex is 43 in dec /10 = 4.3 kn. All is fine in the data. Have anybody an idea why I can't get this information on my Raymarine ST60 multi?

// update
I be not sure about the different between ST20 and ST26 telegram but is it is possible to set the VHW not in ST20 but in ST26?

(-: Christian

dagnall

Re: ST20 data

Post by dagnall » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:42 am

chrischanHH wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:16 am
Hi Forum,

I use a NMEA3WIFI to connect my AvNav Raspi with a Raymarine ST60 Multi display and it works, but I get no speed data at the ST60. I logged the NMEA3WIFI and I can see the ST20 data but not on the display. Are this data correct and can I be sure that this data is on the SeaTalk?
ray.PNG

// update
I check the SeaTalk data and the value is correct, 2B as hex is 43 in dec /10 = 4.3 kn. All is fine in the data. Have anybody an idea why I can't get this information on my Raymarine ST60 multi?

// update
I be not sure about the different between ST20 and ST26 telegram but is it is possible to set the VHW not in ST20 but in ST26?

(-: Christian
Sorry for delay.. I had not seen this posting..
Do you still have the problem?
I am not aware of anyone else not able to display ST20 data on Raymarine repeaters...

FYI: We can receive ST26 and convert to $VWVHW, but we had to add an option to ignore the ST26 'validity" bit, as experience has shown that some instruments are setting this to "invalid data" when they appear to be working ok.

This is why we convert HVW to ST20.. as it is a simpler format.

Is it possible that you also have an instrument sending (Marked as invalid) ST26 data onto the Seatalk bus?

I would have expected the Multidisplay to be able to show Speed sent to it as ST20..

Sorry again for delay..
Dagnall